Old 19-02-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Biodynamic rodent pesticide?

Hello, sorry if I am posting to the wrong NG.
I read 'The Secrets of the Soil' by Peter Tompkin and Christopher Bird
a while ago and I am trying to track down a peice of info I came
across. It pertains to Rudolph Steiner and mouse/rat infestation preps.
I am interested in testing this prep out. Does anyone have any
knowledge about this?

please dont hestitate to get in touch.

In Gratitude,
_Kunda_

Old 19-02-2005, 09:10 PM
kristy

Give me a couple of days and I can find out for you because I go to a
steiner school.

Old 20-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Try looking up the plant "Squill"

Old 22-02-2005, 10:06 AM
_Kunda_

"Red squill contains a toxic chemical that produces vomiting in humans;
usually before dangerous amounts of squill have accumulated in the
body. Because rodents such as mice and rats do not have the ability to
vomit, red squill was formerly used as rat poison, but it was not
particularly effective. Its use has largely been replaced by chemicals
that control rodents better with less chance of accidental ingestion by
humans or pets."

Old 22-02-2005, 10:09 AM
_Kunda_

Thanks for your reply

Some superifical research seems to indicate that is not a BD prep. It
has been discontined in the UK.
"Red squill contains a toxic chemical that produces vomiting in humans;
usually before dangerous amounts of squill have accumulated in the
body. Because rodents such as mice and rats do not have the ability to
vomit, red squill was formerly used as rat poison, but it was not
particularly effective. Its use has largely been replaced by chemicals
that control rodents better with less chance of accidental ingestion by
humans or pets."

Do you have any experience using Red Squill? If so, please share.

Thanks again

Old 22-02-2005, 10:09 AM
_Kunda_

kristy,