GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for female Ribes laurifolium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/90379-looking-female-ribes-laurifolium.html)

paghat 02-03-2005 02:33 AM

Looking for female Ribes laurifolium

I'm looking for three to six evergreen bayleaf laurels. I've planted a
lovely cloned male & have contacted four different nurseries & they all
have the same male clone. If anyone has seen this shrub stocked at your
local nurseries, or its listed in any American nursery catalogs you have
to hand, please let me know & I'll keep contacting nurseries until I find
the female shrubs to array around this male (giving him a little harem). I
feel like I have to find it fast as when the shrubs are not flowering,
vendors won't be able to tell which is which, & they're in flower right
now.

The male flowers are bigger & that's why it's been prepared for market
while in impressive flower. But without some female shrubs, too, there's
no way to have the berries.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html

paghat 02-03-2005 02:41 AM

In article ,
(paghat) wrote:

I'm looking for three to six evergreen bayleaf laurels.

No I'm not, I mean Bayleaf Currants.

Ornata 07-03-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paghat
rson

There is a hermaphrodite cultivar called Ribes laurifolium 'Rosemoor Form' (it originates from the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Rosemoor, Devon, in the UK). It has the larger flowers of the male and the berries of the female. Apparently it has a good shape as well. However, I don't know whether there are stockists for it in the US.

Sorry not to be of any actual help!