GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Breeding plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/90597-breeding-plants.html)

[email protected] 07-03-2005 07:38 AM

Breeding plants

Hey everyone i have been growing my own indoor plants for some time in
my apartment and i am to the point that i woudl like to start
crossbreeding my own flowers. I was wondering what would be a good
flower to start with and are there any good books on the topic and what
will i need to get started with. Also any other advice would be greatly
appreciated thank you VERY much.
Yours,
Alex

Cereus-validus..... 07-03-2005 02:15 PM

Whatever is your favorite.

Don't do it unless you have plenty of room and many years to wait for
desired results.

oups.com...

Hemmaholic 08-03-2005 11:04 PM

Bearing in mind Cereus-validu's admonition about space., one of the
easiest to grow from seed is the African Violet and making your own
crosses aren't difficult. Florist's Gloxinas are also realilively
easy.

I suggest you Google for the home page of the African Violet Society of
America and read all about growing these wonderful house plants from
seed.

Hemmaholic

Cereus-validus..... 09-03-2005 01:45 AM

Breeding Gesnerads from seed for fun and profit is not something recommended
for beginners, Hemorrhoid.

How about something easier, like daylilies?

oups.com...