GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hate to make new englanders jealous (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/90732-hate-make-new-englanders-jealous.html)

Cheryl Isaak 09-03-2005 09:57 PM

On 3/9/05 5:31 PM, in article , "gregpresley"
wrote:

.....but here in the drought-stricken northwest, I've had crocus and iris
reticulata blooming for several weeks - and my town is a cold zone 6.
Seriously, we could use all the snow you're having and more - otherwise, our
forests are going to burn like matchsticks all summer long. But instead we
are having one warm sunny day after another. I've been watering my lawn and
shrubs for the past two weeks.

Grumble!

Cheryl

Ann 09-03-2005 11:37 PM

"gregpresley" expounded:

.....but here in the drought-stricken northwest, I've had crocus and iris
reticulata blooming for several weeks - and my town is a cold zone 6.
Seriously, we could use all the snow you're having and more - otherwise, our
forests are going to burn like matchsticks all summer long. But instead we
are having one warm sunny day after another. I've been watering my lawn and
shrubs for the past two weeks.

Meanie!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

dps 10-03-2005 10:20 AM

Well, some of us don't really mind. We have lots of water here and the
only drawback to that is the likely mosquito population boom next
summer. I can wait for that.

We just have to get used to the rhythm of the seasons where we are. This
is the anxiously waiting season in New England.