Old 24-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Nathalie Durant

Default Squirrel-Free Bird Feeder on eBay

Any experience or opinion on this strange but promising bird feeder?

Old 24-03-2005, 05:34 PM
paghat

In article , Nathalie
Durant wrote:

Any experience or opinion on this strange but promising bird feeder?

My opinion is the squirrels will enjoy resolving the easy puzzle, & the
owner of this ugly-ass eyesoar of a birdfeeder will enjoy watching the
squirrels win.

However, fun as it is to mess with the squirrels, I'd select ANY other
device than this one. Why? Cuz the company selling this device has to be
considered devious & untrustworthy. Why? Because this company uses
"stealth spam," coming into newsgroups pretending to have a question about
a product which they are themselves selling (Devious Durant appears to
have started doing this in 1998, the earliest stealth spam I can find for
this spammer. The found-this-on-ebay gambit began in 1999. In December
2001 she "just happened" to encounter an article about how nice it would
be to give this birdfeeder as a Christmas present. This is the hallmark of
dishonesty & absolutely no reason to believe such an outfit would be so
dishonest upfront but honest thereafter.

This outfit also spams under the names Sunatori, Rolande Smith, & Michele
Provencher. Often ndurant's stealth spams there will sometimes be postive
comments added by Mike Tremblay also pretending to be a random happy
customer, but this is "tag-team" scam-spamming! In December 1998 Tremblay,
& in December 2001 Durant, pretended they had just encountered an article
about what a great christmas gift this birdfeeder would make. Here's a
typical post of Trembly pretending not to spam while he spams his ass off:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.gardens/msg/977f57982d7ef10f?dmode=source

So it's a long-term company-wide policy of deviousness -- not just one
misguided employee's momentary lapse of integrity. And this should be used
as the measure of their overall integrity. Would you trust your credit
card to dishonest people? The sad thing is when their stealth spam
pretends to need information about the product & they are taken seriously
by duped individuals, people who are eager to help generously recommending
better birdfeeders or how to build one from spare parts at home or attempt
to engage these spammers in newsgroup exchanges that just never happen.
Spam-scammers don't care who you are or what you think; they're not doing
this to make friends or learn something valid.

The laughable thing is the same outfit sells How To Have A Successful Home
Business manuals & pamphlets. Think they include instructions on the
profitability of deviousness, stealth spamming, & an inevitably bad
reputation?

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 24-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Ross Reid

Nathalie Durant wrote:

Any experience or opinion on this strange but promising bird feeder?

Makes me wonder why, when the seller is located in Canada, they will
only ship to the USA?

Ross,
Southern Ontario, Canada.
43º17.446' North
80º13.472' West
To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Old 24-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Warren

Ross Reid wrote:
Makes me wonder why, when the seller is located in Canada, they will
only ship to the USA?

Probably because they're selling something that's dropped-shipped by a US
distributor. He's the retailer, but the distributor will ship straight to the
customer instead of shipping it to him first. That's not an unusual situation
for mail order catalogs, and has been adopted by web merchants. And with sites
like eBay, the retailer doesn't even need to maintain their own website.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
We're down to the wire. Do you need tax software?
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/taxes/index.html