Old 25-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Ima Googler

Default Installing paver walkway... what if the sand gets rained on?

Hi everyone!

We are in the process of installing a paver walkway/patio and we just
finished laying the 1" of sand and plan on screeding it in the morning.
Just saw the weather report and they've changed it and now are
calling for some rain overnight.

How will "wet" sand affect our paver job? I was under the impression
that it needed to be dry sand, and just wanted to make sure this isn't
going to mess everything up.

Thanks in advance for advice!

PS. we are following this project plan:
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...s/patios_1.htm

Old 25-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Travis

Ima Googler wrote:
Hi everyone!

We are in the process of installing a paver walkway/patio and we
just finished laying the 1" of sand and plan on screeding it in the
morning. Just saw the weather report and they've changed it and
now are
calling for some rain overnight.

How will "wet" sand affect our paver job? I was under the
impression that it needed to be dry sand, and just wanted to make
sure this isn't going to mess everything up.

Thanks in advance for advice!

PS. we are following this project plan:
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...s/patios_1.htm

Assuming you followed *all* the steps the area should drain well and
there
shouldn't be a problem. If it is a gully washer overnight you might
want to wait.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 25-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Timothy

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:44:01 -0800, Ima Googler wrote:

Hi everyone!

We are in the process of installing a paver walkway/patio and we just
finished laying the 1" of sand and plan on screeding it in the morning.
Just saw the weather report and they've changed it and now are
calling for some rain overnight.

How will "wet" sand affect our paver job? I was under the impression that
it needed to be dry sand, and just wanted to make sure this isn't going to
mess everything up.

Thanks in advance for advice!

PS. we are following this project plan:
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projec...s/patios_1.htm

It should be perfectly fine. If you have a hard rain you may need to add a
little more sand to the pad that may have been washed / splashed out.
Either way re-check your grade before you lay your stone. Enjoy your new
patio.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

[IMG] code is On

Ground cover for a paver walkway? Natty_Dread Gardening 11 14-03-2004 01:15 PM
Ground cover for paver walkway? Natty_Dread Gardening 7 28-10-2003 11:02 PM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 05:20 PM
Cost of paver walkway? Martin Gardening 7 25-05-2003 03:08 PM
Finally, it rained Judanne Permaculture 1 31-03-2003 09:08 AM