Old 29-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Tex

Default Soggy yard again with a catch.......

Like a lot of people I have a soggy yard for a number of days after a
rain storm. And most of the time the whole yard is squishy. I would
love to use asome sort of drain, but I am worried about my septic
system and leach field. The water doesn't smell like sewage. Also I
don't have a good place to drain the water without flooding my
neighbors yard. I might be able to find a place for a dry well but it
would have to be huge I guess. Any ideas?
thanks
tex

Old 29-03-2005, 09:55 PM

Websearch "Rain Gardens"

Old 30-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Travis

Tex wrote:
Like a lot of people I have a soggy yard for a number of days after
a rain storm. And most of the time the whole yard is squishy. I
would love to use asome sort of drain, but I am worried about my
septic system and leach field. The water doesn't smell like
sewage. Also I don't have a good place to drain the water without
flooding my neighbors yard. I might be able to find a place for a
dry well but it would have to be huge I guess. Any ideas?
thanks
tex

Do you have standing water? How much of your lot is impervious? Can
you divert the water to the street?

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Old 30-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Tex

Travis wrote:
Tex wrote:
Like a lot of people I have a soggy yard for a number of days after
a rain storm. And most of the time the whole yard is squishy. I
would love to use asome sort of drain, but I am worried about my
septic system and leach field. The water doesn't smell like
sewage. Also I don't have a good place to drain the water without
flooding my neighbors yard. I might be able to find a place for a
dry well but it would have to be huge I guess. Any ideas?
thanks
tex

Do you have standing water? How much of your lot is impervious? Can

you divert the water to the street?

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

I live in rural CT on top of a small "mountain" really a large hill.
Our road doesn't have any storm drains and I would have to pump the
water up hill to get it to the road. My front yard is the biggest
problem and is probably .75 acres, maybe 30% is impervious.... The
water garden looks interesting, but not sure how close to the leach
fields I can go.
thanks