Old 30-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Emerald

Default Flowering houseplants

Can I use african violet food on any of my other flowering
houseplants...for example: lipstick plant..peace
lilly..anthurium..christmas cactus? I sometimes have some left over
after my violets and don't want to waste it.

Also, I use Bloom plus or Bloom booster on my outdoor flowering plants.
Can I use these on indoor plants to help them bloom?

Thanks much,
Em

Old 30-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Toni

"Emerald" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I use african violet food on any of my other flowering
houseplants...for example: lipstick plant..peace
lilly..anthurium..christmas cactus? I sometimes have some left over
after my violets and don't want to waste it.

'Round here a full jug of fertilizer water gets spread around as much as
possible. Flowering ferts for flowering plants but other than that I don't
draw too fine a distinction.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 30-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Phisherman

On 29 Mar 2005 15:11:35 -0800, "Emerald"
wrote:

Can I use african violet food on any of my other flowering
houseplants...for example: lipstick plant..peace
lilly..anthurium..christmas cactus? I sometimes have some left over
after my violets and don't want to waste it.

I make up a gallon of African Violet food and keep it in a (recycled)
plastic jug with a screw-on lid. I fill the watering can, water the
AFs, then return the unused portion back into the plastic jug. The
jug lasts a long time, plus it is always at room temperature.

Also, I use Bloom plus or Bloom booster on my outdoor flowering plants.
Can I use these on indoor plants to help them bloom?

Many fertilizers intended for outdoor use can also be used for
houseplants, although at a much diluted rate. It should state this
amount on the directions. If the manufacturer does not state this, I
would not recommend its use indoors. I will use fish emulsion on my
houseplants, but only when they are outdoors for the
late-spring/summer/early-fall months. Some fertilizers are just too
strong for potted plants, such as cow manure--although manure "tea"
can be used if diluted properly.

Thanks much,
Em

Old 30-03-2005, 05:27 PM