Old 30-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Cindy

Default Crepe Mrtyles

When is the best time to prune these back?
I have 3 which are in the dormant stage right now and will soon be budding
out.

Cindy
Zone 6-7

Old 30-03-2005, 07:54 PM
David J Bockman

Cindy these are usually very late to bud out, so anytime after last frost
and before they leaf out is fine. Please don't decapitate them (Crape
Murder).

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Old 31-03-2005, 02:48 AM
J. Davidson

Our neighbor murders his, and we do not trim ours. Ours come out a bit
earlier and bloom just as much if not more as the murdered ones do.
Jackie, zone 7

Old 31-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/nursery/430-460/430-460.html

--
ASC: Born to Herf '05: http://www.geocities.com/borntoherf/sponsors.htm
RCTY F.O.s: http://tinyurl.com/64dq5

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

[IMG] code is On

Peach Tree & Crepe Murtle Questions br Texas 10 22-06-2003 03:33 AM
mini crepe myrtles David J. Bockman Gardening 4 12-05-2003 03:32 AM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
crepe myrtle kate Gardening 12 14-04-2003 02:44 AM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 02-01-2003 02:55 AM