GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Move Established Asparagus Bed? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/91932-re-move-established-asparagus-bed.html)

Jim Johnston 04-04-2005 08:56 PM

Move Established Asparagus Bed?

Thanks to all who responded to my post. Opinions seem to be evenly divided
as to the feasibility/sanity of my plan so I think it's only fitting that I
try to (promptly) move half the bed and leave the other half for whomever
buys our old place. Hopefully they'll be asparagus fanciers.

Jim

"Jim Johnston" wrote in message
Happy Spring, all -

Has anyone tried to move an existing asparagus bed to a new location and
been successful in that venture? If so, do you have any tips & tricks to
share?

We're moving to a new home and I'd love to take my aspargus bed with and
re-establish it in the new location. The bed consists of about 100 crowns
ranging from 3-6 years' maturity.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice you might offer!

Jim

William Wagner 04-04-2005 09:09 PM

In article ,
"Jim Johnston" wrote:

Hopefully they'll be asparagus fanciers.

Jim

Something to mention that has value.

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade garden in a Japanese manner
Vision problems? http://www.ocutech.com/ we own two.

Compost Nut 05-04-2005 09:17 AM

On 4/4/05 1:09 PM, in article
, "William Wagner"
wrote:

In article ,
"Jim Johnston" wrote:

Hopefully they'll be asparagus fanciers.

Jim

Something to mention that has value.

Bill

Absolutely! "This house comes with it's own asparagus bed!"...up the price!
Or you could just take it all...especially if they are not asparagus lovers.
I guess asking them is out of the question...?
Gary