GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Are spruce trees acidic? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92057-spruce-trees-acidic.html)

Kayla 07-04-2005 01:13 AM

Are spruce trees acidic?

Do spruce needles make the soil acidic like pine needles do? I raked
under my spruce trees and have loads of needles and cones and I'm
wondering where I can put them.

Lori

Eyebright 07-04-2005 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla
Do spruce needles make the soil acidic like pine needles do?

Lori

yes they do

Travis 08-04-2005 08:27 AM

Eyebright wrote:
Kayla Wrote:
Do spruce needles make the soil acidic like pine needles do?

Lori

yes they do

I thought it was the mineral content that determined acidity.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

yippie 08-04-2005 01:26 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:27:28 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

I thought

There ya go, thinkin you knew something about gardenin again!