GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What tree is this? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92185-what-tree.html)

William 09-04-2005 04:53 PM

What tree is this?

Hello, I have posted photos and a description of the location of this
tree, which is quite attractive, but we have been unable to identify
it. Any help would be appreciated. The link to the description and
photos are he

http://ImageEvent.com/daedaloma/treeidentification

the password is: tree

TY

William

Newt 11-04-2005 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William
Hello, I have posted photos and a description of the location of this tree, which is quite attractive, but we have been unable to identify it. Any help would be appreciated. The link to the description and photos are he

http://ImageEvent.com/daedaloma/treeidentification

the password is: tree

TY

William

Hi William,

Looks like Vaccinium arboreum - sparkleberry, farkleberry, tree huckleberry

http://rnrstreamer.lsu.edu/ecosystem...reehuckleb.htm
http://www.floridata.com/ref/V/vacc_arb.cfm
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP65.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP64.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP66.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/dcs420/fa03/fa03003.jpg
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/Mint.Springs/MS008.jpg
http://www.sbs.utexas.edu/mbierner/b...m_arboreum.htm

Newt

or Arbutus

William 14-04-2005 08:11 PM

Newt posted links to Farkleberry which is similar looking, however,
there are pretty significant differences in leaf shape, bark, and
flower /bloom configuration. We have numerous large Farkleberry trees
on the property. To illustrate the difference, I have photographed
these side by side the mystery tree at the following link. The password

is "tree". Thanks for your interest.

http://ImageEvent.com/daedalom=ADa/t...ntification=20

William

Newt 15-05-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William
Newt posted links to Farkleberry which is similar looking, however, there are pretty significant differences in leaf shape, bark, and flower /bloom configuration. We have numerous large Farkleberry trees on the property. To illustrate the difference, I have photographed these side by side the mystery tree at the following link. The password is "tree". Thanks for your interest.

http://ImageEvent.com/daedalom=ADa/t...ntification=20

William

Hi William,

Did you ever find out what tree you have?

Newt