GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   asparagus bamboo? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92211-re-asparagus-bamboo.html)

Travis 10-04-2005 07:51 AM

asparagus bamboo?

Frankie V. Fernandez, MD wrote:
I got a plant from the local nursery today. The stems, culms and
leaves are bamboo in configuration, except that they are smaller.
The plant is also vining, with a habitus much like an asparagus.
Does anybody have an idea what plant this might be? I tried google
searches for "asparagus bamboo" but all results(!) return 33 pages
of vegetable websites' indexes ".....asparagus, bamboo....."

Thanks in advance!

Frankie

What did the nursery say it was? Bamboo comes in all sizes so how can
you say it is smaller than bamboo?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Cereus-validus..... 10-04-2005 11:50 AM

Its those habitus that get you every time.

Asparagus is a very large genus but I get the impression your plant might
actually be a Ruscus.