Old 10-04-2005, 05:00 PM
GaryM

Default Lawn recovery question

The last of the snow melted off my lawn a few weeks back. I made the
last cut pretty short last year (2 1/2 inches), but there still is a
lot of flattened, matted, yellow grass all over the lawn. Do I need to
rake this all out or will it disappear over time?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:11 PM
David J Bockman

It all depends upon what sorts of grasses you have. Some grasses brown out
over winter dormancy, only to green up once the weather warms. If snow has
*just* melted, it will take a few days of consistently warmer weather to
trigger growth. If you do rake, now would be a good time to over seed in an
effort to crowd out opportunistic weeds which might spring up in the raked
out bear patches.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

. 1.81...

Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Warren

David J Bockman wrote:
Bear patches... sheesh....... BARE. P

It was just a little Boo-Boo, Ranger Smith.

[IMG] code is On

Need recovery! alabbe0405 Orchids 3 24-04-2004 08:02 PM
Ailing Masdevallia - any hope of recovery? Ben Durbin Orchids 4 10-11-2003 12:32 PM
Hurricane Recovery Help Please - I'm stumped royroy Gardening 2 28-09-2003 06:02 AM
Oak recovery Mike Prager Gardening 6 23-09-2003 03:06 AM
amazing recovery Ted Byers Orchids 2 21-03-2003 12:56 PM