GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bloodroot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92344-photo-week-bloodroot.html)

[email protected] 12-04-2005 05:41 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bloodroot

One of the prettiest of the early Spring flowers is the Bloodroot.
Unfortunately, it comes and goes so fast, one could easily miss it.
This picture was taken on Saturday. There was one flower open on Friday
and only one left today (Sunday). It is a member of the poppy family.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

[email protected] 13-04-2005 04:24 PM

Beautiful photos!
I have a Bloodroot plant blooming in my garden right now....I bought it
at a nursery last year (after it had already flowered) and I'm so
pleased that it made it through the winter...

Do you think my single plant will spread in the coming years? I'd love
to have more of them...

CW

[email protected] 14-04-2005 05:04 AM

We started with just a few plants transplanted when we moved and they
have spread to a 2 or 3 foot circle.

js