GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strawberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92412-strawberry.html)

JS 14-04-2005 03:04 AM

Strawberry

Hi,
I drove by a local green house today and the sign said "it's time to plant
strawberries". I have some plants in a window seal, they are flowering.
I wanted to plant strawberries this year, but being a 2nd year gardener,
don't know for sure when and how to do it. I cant find a good source
online. Any suggestions? I am in Boise Idaho, our days right now are 50-70
and nights 32-42. I am planning on planting the berries in a large terra
cotta pot I have.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Jackee

Newt 16-04-2005 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS
Hi,
I drove by a local green house today and the sign said "it's time to plant strawberries". I have some plants in a window seal, they are flowering.
I wanted to plant strawberries this year, but being a 2nd year gardener, don't know for sure when and how to do it. I cant find a good source online. Any suggestions? I am in Boise Idaho, our days right now are 50-70 and nights 32-42. I am planning on planting the berries in a large terra cotta pot I have.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Jackee

Hi Jackee,

Here you go.