GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Crabgrass Prevention and Seeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/92557-crabgrass-prevention-seeding.html)

[email protected] 16-04-2005 09:50 PM

Crabgrass Prevention and Seeding

I have an area where I have a large crabgrass problem that I want to
overseed. I wanted to get the seedng done last fall but circumstances
prevented it. Now I'm considering using a product with Tupersan to
control the crabgrass and allow me to seed. I plan to put down the
tupersan, and then the seed and a starter fertilizer. I understand
that the Tupersan products only last about 30 days which, hopefully
will be long enough to allow the seed to germinate. Then I'll put down
a standard crabgrass preventer. Does this sound like a good plan?
The area I want to use the Tupersan on will have a pretty heavy
crabgrass growth if I don't do anything. Does Tupersan really work on
an area that has a lot of crabgrass? I don't mind spending the money
to put it down but I don't want to waste it if I'm not going to get the
results I want.

George