Old 17-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Tony & Shellie Welch

Default Wisteria to bloom at last!!!!!

I built a structure for my swing and hammock 10+ years ago and planted a
wisteria on one corner. Boy was it slow to start out. Probably took 3-5
years to get above 3 feet tall, then Whamo! It took off like all good
wisterias are prone to do. I traied it to cover the open slat top of the
structure whic h is about 10X14. It has finally covered the top of the
structure to give a shady spot.

I never thought it would ever get around to flowering, but by golly, THIS
year it is covered with buds. They've elongated to 4+ inches and may open
any day!!!. Can't quite tell what color they will be - I've long since
forgotten which wisteria it was.

I am thrilled !!!!!

Shellie
Zone 5b
Indianapolis

Old 17-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 02:26:11 +0000, Tony & Shellie Welch wrote:

I built a structure for my swing and hammock 10+ years ago and planted a
wisteria on one corner. Boy was it slow to start out. Probably took 3-5
years to get above 3 feet tall, then Whamo! It took off like all good
wisterias are prone to do. I traied it to cover the open slat top of the
structure whic h is about 10X14. It has finally covered the top of the
structure to give a shady spot.

I never thought it would ever get around to flowering, but by golly, THIS
year it is covered with buds. They've elongated to 4+ inches and may open
any day!!!. Can't quite tell what color they will be - I've long since
forgotten which wisteria it was.

I am thrilled !!!!!

Shellie
Zone 5b
Indianapolis

Congrats! Wait til they open! WOW!!!!!

Old 17-04-2005, 03:42 PM
rosie read n' post

we planted a wisteria, and it too seemed to take forever to get
established and grow.
we moved before it bloomed!

ink.net...
:

Old 03-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Shellie & Tony

I finally took photos of it last week! They can be found at
http://photobucket.com/albums/y195/TSWelch/

Take care!

Shellie
Zone 5