Old 18-04-2005, 04:49 PM
chaz

Default Source for Bomarea??

I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

Old 19-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Doug Kanter

How did you conduct your search?

Old 20-04-2005, 02:25 PM
chaz

"chaz" wrote in message
I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

I have googled, yahoo'd and msn'd and cannot find a single source.

Old 20-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Doug Kanter

"chaz" wrote in message
I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red"
varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

I have googled, yahoo'd and msn'd and cannot find a single source.

Searched for "bomarea seeds $" (without the quotes) at google, and clicked
"I Feel Lucky". Came up with this:
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...OLIA&cid=2 11

Using the regular search button turned up 1190 results. I included the
dollar sign so maybe it would turn up more sites actually selling the seeds,
rather than only describing the plant.

Old 21-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Doug Kanter

I had the same problem with Rheum palmatum many years ago. A friend finally
smuggled some seeds from England. This was before 9/11. Now, if her ploy
were discovered, I'm sure she'd be arrested, tortured and beaten by ze
security agents. One out of five seeds grew. The plant prospered until my
neighbor's late dog dug it up.

Just a thought: Maybe there's a reason you can't find the Bomarea seeds. Is
it possible the it's been placed on an invasive plant list?

well, i cant find it!

Old 21-04-2005, 09:09 PM
chaz

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I had the same problem with Rheum palmatum many years ago. A friend finally
smuggled some seeds from England. This was before 9/11. Now, if her ploy
were discovered, I'm sure she'd be arrested, tortured and beaten by ze
security agents. One out of five seeds grew. The plant prospered until my
neighbor's late dog dug it up.

Just a thought: Maybe there's a reason you can't find the Bomarea seeds.
Is it possible the it's been placed on an invasive plant list?

Right now its on the EVASIVE plant list LOL

Thanks for the posting!

chaz

Old 21-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Travis

chaz wrote:
well, i cant find it!

Jeez. Google is your friend.

http://www.hortusb.com/sweetherbseeds.html

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Source for Roses Shiva Roses 3 31-03-2003 09:32 PM
[IBC] Mail order source for Schilling's holly?? Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 1 05-02-2003 02:17 PM
Mail order source for Schilling's holly?? SHO2n Bonsai 0 05-02-2003 04:00 AM
Can't remember seed source... Ralph D. Gardening 7 02-02-2003 06:52 PM
Can't remember seed source... Ralph D. Edible Gardening 7 02-02-2003 06:52 PM