Old 18-04-2005, 08:21 PM
benl

Default Laurel has developed yellow leaves, why?

A year ago we planted a Cherry Laurel hedge on both sides of our
garden.

One side is perfect growing really fast, the other side growth is very
slow and some of the Laurel have all their leaves yellow.

The soils are very different on each side. The side with the failing
Laurel I would have described as having 'perfect soil', the side with
the most growth had terrible soil.

It seems the Laurel doesn't agree with me :-)

The side where the Laurel has done well had soil with builders
rubbish, sand and all sort of junk in it (it took a lot of back
breaking to plant them).

The side where the Laurel is failing has really rich 'proper' soil.

I've read of so many conflicting 'deficiencies', can anyone help me
find out how to get the Laurel to grow?

Many thanks
ben
Old 21-04-2005, 02:51 AM
mitch

Your Laurel may have an iron deficiency (called Iron Chlorosis). This
is normally treated by watering with a chelated iron mixture (the
concentrate is available at Home Depot, your garden center etc..).

If you've disturbed the roots by transplanting that could also be the cause.

Some leaves on Laurel normally turn yellow in the Fall, which is of no
concern.

Mitch