Old 20-04-2005, 07:30 PM
LL

Default Looking for good tree or shrub for a 10-15' screen.

Hello,

I am looking for a fast growing plant that I can use for a screen.
I need about 10-15' minimum coverage, something that stays green in the
winter time, doesn't require a lot of pruning (It can grow wild) and
has the fasted growth rate.
I though about a leyland cypress but I read somewhere that they
can grow to 50' tall without pruning. Another plant I am trying to
learn about might work well and that is a oakleaf holly. How fast do
oakleaf holly's grow and does it look like that will fill my needs?
Thanks a lot for any advice.

Old 20-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Toni

"LL" wrote

Hello,

I am looking for a fast growing plant that I can use for a screen.

Your location would be very helpful!

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 21-04-2005, 12:57 PM
LL

Oops. I live in Southern Indiana. I can't remember what zone that is,
maybe 6.

Old 22-04-2005, 02:45 PM
wavwarrior

"LL" wrote in message roups.com...
Hello,

I am looking for a fast growing plant that I can use for a screen.
I need about 10-15' minimum coverage, something that stays green in the
winter time, doesn't require a lot of pruning (It can grow wild) and
has the fasted growth rate.
I though about a leyland cypress but I read somewhere that they
can grow to 50' tall without pruning. Another plant I am trying to
learn about might work well and that is a oakleaf holly. How fast do
oakleaf holly's grow and does it look like that will fill my needs?
Thanks a lot for any advice.

Leyland Cypress can grow to 50', but if you trim every two years they
will grow and stay at the desired height required. i have a beautiful
screen around my garden and they only require pruning every two/three
years to keeep at a reasonable height.