Old 23-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Bstonmike1

Default HELP____ TY

My property line needs something to hide restaurant next door. I can't
take it any longer. I am looking for something that will be 6-8' asap
possibly some kind of evergreen. There is a nurery local that has blue
spruce in 6 -10 " containers @ 20/29.95 and was going to go look but
with some reading i see that they are a slow grower. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Old 24-04-2005, 12:42 AM
BetsyB

"Bstonmike1" wrote in message
oups.com...
My property line needs something to hide restaurant next door. I can't
take it any longer. I am looking for something that will be 6-8' asap
possibly some kind of evergreen. There is a nurery local that has blue
spruce in 6 -10 " containers @ 20/29.95 and was going to go look but
with some reading i see that they are a slow grower. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Try holly. looks nice, you can use some during the holidays for decorations
and I think they are pleasing from any view.

Old 24-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstonmike1
My property line needs something to hide restaurant next door. I can't take it any longer. I am looking for something that will be 6-8' asap possibly some kind of evergreen. There is a nurery local that has blue
spruce in 6 -10 " containers @ 20/29.95 and was going to go look but with some reading i see that they are a slow grower. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You don't say where you live, your hardiness zone, how much space you have, or the sun conditions so it would be difficult to say. Since you considered blue spruce at the nursery, I'm thinking you are in zone 8 or colder, full sun and have lots of room for the width. Here's a zip code zone finder if you don't know your zone.
http://www.garden.org/zipzone/

With all that Arborvitae comes to mind. There are several cultivars, but most get to 30' to 50' eventually.
http://www.aboutarborvitae.com/

Arborvitae 'Emerald Green'
http://www.djroger.com/emerald%20green%20arborvitae.htm

You may get suggestions about Leyland cypress as well. These get to be very large around and tall. They are prone to diseases and have fallen out of favor. Though this site is in the UK, it has some good info.
http://freespace.virgin.net/clare.h/hdg6Trees.htm

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.