Old 24-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Dave Smith

Default uh oh, spider mites, help!

I have spider mites on my indoor ivy, what do I do?

Dave
Old 24-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Toni

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
I have spider mites on my indoor ivy, what do I do?

Can you take it to a sink, tub (or outside even) and rinse the heck out of
it?
Often?

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 24-04-2005, 06:46 PM
alice

"Toni" wrote in message

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
I have spider mites on my indoor ivy, what do I do?

Can you take it to a sink, tub (or outside even) and rinse the heck out of
it?
Often?

--
Toni
South Florida USA
Zone 10

wash it everyday..put it by your sink and wash the leaves everyday until
they are gone. These are very small mites and can't withstand the heavy
water flow but be careful you don't keep the dirt overly wet.

alice

Old 24-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Phisherman

Give the ivy a good spray of water everyday for a week, then several
times a week. Even better, cover the top with aluminum foil and spray
the leaves with soapy water, making sure you get under the leaves. I
heard that lady bugs will eat spider mites (I thought that was for
aphids--is this true?). Spider mites like hot and dry conditions so
plants in a south window are ideal to the mite's habitat. Wash your
hands after handling the ivy and before touching other plants.
Quarantine the ivy.

There are a few (insecticide) products that will kill spider mites
although this is not necessary. Spider mites (not insects) can become
resistant to a specific insecticide.