Old 24-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Default squirrels and tomatoes

Is there any way to keep squirrels out of my tomato patch? All I got last
year was few cherry tomatoes - not one standard size (squirrels snitched
them all.) i could live with sharing the produce, but we should get some,
too.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Old 25-04-2005, 02:37 PM

I have had pretty good luck keeping them from digging in my gardens with blood meal.
however, bird netting the plants may work best. that is what I am going to do with
my peach and apricots this year. tired of the little buggers. Ingrid

wrote:

Is there any way to keep squirrels out of my tomato patch? All I got last
year was few cherry tomatoes - not one standard size (squirrels snitched
them all.) i could live with sharing the produce, but we should get some,
too.

Alan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/puregold/
WEBSITE AT: http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/home.html
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
Old 27-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Suzy O

I've had pretty good luck keeping assorted varmits from eating my plants by
covering with nylon netting, which is very inexpensive and can be bought
from most any fabric store.

Good luck!
Suzy O
ganews.com...

Old 01-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Jim Marrs

Try dusting the tomatoes with cayenne pepper or maybe a hot pepper spray.

Have fun
Jim
ganews.com...

Old 21-05-2005, 04:34 PM
brsher

I have the exact same problem. Last year, almost no tomatoes. Once the
squirrels discovered my garden, they sampled every tomato.
Has anyone tried "Shake Away"? Does it work?

ganews.com...

Old 21-05-2005, 05:43 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 10:34:54 -0500, "brsher"
wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Last year, almost no tomatoes. Once the
squirrels discovered my garden, they sampled every tomato.
Has anyone tried "Shake Away"? Does it work?

Sort of. Not sure how much it influences the squirrels.

They appear to be more interested in the bird feeder. They've never
really bothered my tomatoes much, and there are other food sources in
my yard.

The shake away is mostly for the groundhog.

wrote in message
iganews.com...
Is there any way to keep squirrels out of my tomato patch? All I got last
year was few cherry tomatoes - not one standard size (squirrels snitched
them all.) i could live with sharing the produce, but we should get some,
too.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Swyck