Old 25-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Bro Jack

Default Question To Floridians

How many months do you need to mow your lawn in Florida? Do you mow
in Dec., Jan., and/or Feb.? I assume it depends on your exact
location.
Old 25-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Toni

"Bro Jack" wrote in message
How many months do you need to mow your lawn in Florida? Do you mow
in Dec., Jan., and/or Feb.? I assume it depends on your exact
location.

Depends on how much rain we receive.
In the coolish dry season (Dec/Jan/Feb/March) we mow around every two weeks,
although oftener makes for a better looking lawn. In the warm dry season
(Apr/May/June) we mow every week. During the height of the rainy season we
often mow twice a week. I have St. Augustine turfgrass, and I like it to
look manicured.

Folks with no supplemental irrigation will sometimes go much longer without
mowing, but their lawns are crispy and brown.
I prefer to keep things nicer looking than that, but everyone sees things
differently. Those crispy brown lawns green up fairly quickly once the rain
comes, much to the dismay of those like me who fight all winter to keep ours
decent looking.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 26-04-2005, 02:46 AM
James

I live in Jacksonville, which is in the extreme NE part of the state.

I do NO mowing from the end of November until around mid-March.

--james--

Old 01-05-2005, 04:14 AM
MLW

"James" wrote in message
I live in Jacksonville, which is in the extreme NE part of the state.

I do NO mowing from the end of November until around mid-March.

--james--

I live in Central Florida and that sounds right to me.....no mowing from the
end of November until sometime in March.

Mary

Old 01-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Jim Carlock

I live in Saint Petersburg, the middle of the state, western coast
of Florida and I agree the others, no mowing from November to
March. If there is a really wet month might mow twice a month,
otherwise it's about once a month here.

The people across the street mow their lawn 1x to 3x a month all
year long. Of course they water their lawn twice a week, all year
long as well.

So all in all, it's really going to depend upon how much your lawn
gets watered... either by rain or by your own personal doings.

Hope this helps.

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.