Old 26-04-2005, 03:49 PM
junkyardcat

Default Rabbits in the Garden & Animal Repellent Spray

Has anyone ever used Animal Repellent Spray in your garden to ward off the
rabbits? Did it work? The cat keeps most of the rabbits out of my garden,
but she can't stay awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week guarding it, LOL! We
saw at least one rabbit in the garden yesterday evening. I'm thinking about
buying some of that spray and see how it works, unless ya'll have any better
remedies....and don't say shoot the rabbits, because I would NEVER do
that....

Thanks for any help...
Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Old 26-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Phisherman

They work, but not convenient. Apply a 10 foot band around the area
you wish to protect after every rain. An electric and/or chicken-wire
fence works well, and less expensive in the long run. I use the metal
"T" fence posts--cheap, easy to install and they seem to last a very
long time. The green chicken wire is almost invisible and 2.5' high
fence is enough for rabbits.

Old 26-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Salty Thumb

"junkyardcat" wrote in
:

Has anyone ever used Animal Repellent Spray in your garden to ward off
the rabbits? Did it work? The cat keeps most of the rabbits out of
my garden, but she can't stay awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week
guarding it, LOL! We saw at least one rabbit in the garden yesterday
evening. I'm thinking about buying some of that spray and see how it
works, unless ya'll have any better remedies....and don't say shoot
the rabbits, because I would NEVER do that....

Thanks for any help...
Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Mix your own repel spray by combining water, hot pepper flakes, garlic, a
couple of drops of soap and maybe I forgot something. You're supposed to
put in a jug and then let it sit in the sun for a while. Then strain and
spray on your plants. You can call it your hare removal tonic. Har har.
Kidding about the name, but seemed to work for me.

Old 27-04-2005, 10:03 AM
David Hare-Scott

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
Has anyone ever used Animal Repellent Spray in your garden to ward off the
rabbits? Did it work? The cat keeps most of the rabbits out of my

garden,
but she can't stay awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week guarding it, LOL! We
saw at least one rabbit in the garden yesterday evening. I'm thinking

about
buying some of that spray and see how it works, unless ya'll have any

better
remedies....and don't say shoot the rabbits, because I would NEVER do
that....

Thanks for any help...
Angie in the Boonies of East Texas

Well you can try to repel them but you have to keep doing it. I find
something that automatically catches them and disposes of the corpses
combined with good fencing to be most effective and least effort.

David

Old 27-04-2005, 11:17 PM
extincted

Homemade bacon for fruit trees (young) in autumn - rub the young branches,
and possible atack spots, and they won't touch it for a whole winter- this
is used here by old folk (hilly place). I saw foot steps of rabbits in a
snow around fruit trees and if they find the one which is not covered, it's
history. At least here rabbits respect this, but for vegetable garden - we
don't have this kind of problems. Usually who has dogs, has no problems.