Old 29-04-2005, 05:03 AM
nina

Default Plant ID

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/sandalo3.JPG

This is a mint that has a very strong grapefruit-like smell. Bergamot
mint??

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/greenleaf.JPG
No idea, this is some sort of woody vine.

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/scarything.JPG

I found this under a tree next to a garage,so I snagged it and a few of
its friends. NO idea what it is.

I'm in Puerto Rico,if that helps with the IDing.
nina

Old 29-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Jim Carlock

Don't know what the plants are, but your last link is broken. Seems
like your server is a UNIX server and is case-sensitive when it comes
to files names.

The link should be: http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/scarything.jpg
Or if you rename the link to match what you've typed below... g

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

Old 29-04-2005, 06:08 AM
nina

Thanks. I have no idea why the program gave THIS file a lowercase
extension and uppercase to the others. Sheesh

Old 29-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Pat Kiewicz

nina said:

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/sandalo3.JPG

This is a mint that has a very strong grapefruit-like smell. Bergamot
mint??

Pass...

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/greenleaf.JPG
No idea, this is some sort of woody vine.

Looks like a Hoya to me. A bit paler than my Hoya carnosa, but
very similar. Has it ever bloomed?

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/scarything.JPG

I found this under a tree next to a garage,so I snagged it and a few of
its friends. NO idea what it is.

Bryophyllum daigremontianum aka Kalanchoe daigremontiana,
maternity plant, devil's backbone, mother-of-thousands

I'm in Puerto Rico,if that helps with the IDing.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 29-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carlock

"nina" wrote:
http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/sandalo3.JPG

This is a mint that has a very strong grapefruit-like smell. Bergamot mint??

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/greenleaf.JPG
No idea, this is some sort of woody vine.

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/scarything.JPG

I found this under a tree next to a garage,so I snagged it and a few of its friends. NO idea what it is.

I'm in Puerto Rico,if that helps with the IDing.
nina

Hi Nina,

Your green leaf is a Hoya, also sometimes called Wax plant. I don't know which one, but you might be able to get some help from this forum just for Hoyas. Do read the FAQ's and instructions. Also look at the 'Gallery' as you may be able to id it from there.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hoya/

Your 'scary thing' is a Kalanchoe. Not sure which one, but you can click around here to see if you can id it.
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...Kalanchoe.html

I don't know what the green leaf is, but you might want to ask here.
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Old 29-04-2005, 03:01 PM
nina

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
nina said:

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/sandalo3.JPG

This is a mint that has a very strong grapefruit-like smell.

Bergamot
mint??

Pass...

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/greenleaf.JPG
No idea, this is some sort of woody vine.

Looks like a Hoya to me. A bit paler than my Hoya carnosa, but
very similar. Has it ever bloomed?

Mine hasn't, when I go visiting again I can look at the parent plant
and see what the flowers look like.

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/scarything.JPG

I found this under a tree next to a garage,so I snagged it and a few

of
its friends. NO idea what it is.

Bryophyllum daigremontianum aka Kalanchoe daigremontiana,
maternity plant, devil's backbone, mother-of-thousands

Thanks!!