Old 01-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Registered User

Smile Interesting New Gardening Site

Hello,

Just to let you know, I've recently developed a gardening website where you can buy a whole range of plants and gardening items. All the plants being sold are grown at Jackson's Nurseries in the heart of the Peak District.

Just though you might find this useful if you haven't got the time to visit the local garden centre or if you enjoy a bit of internet shopping. The site has a secure ordering system and, as you're dealing directly with the grower, you'll also notice that our prices are very competitive. We value customer service ery highly and you can email us for any gardening help & advice that you may need.

Take a look... http://www.jacksonsnurseries.co.uk.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
David Ross

The page to which you refer is non-standard:
URL:http://validator.w3.org/ reports 34 HTML 4.01 errors.
URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ reports 2 style-sheet
errors.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Warren

David Ross wrote:
The page to which you refer is non-standard:
URL:http://validator.w3.org/ reports 34 HTML 4.01 errors.
URL:http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ reports 2 style-sheet
errors.

The W3C Validator finds:

www.google.com - 51 errors
www.yahoo.com - 280 errors
www.cnn.com - 109 errors
slashdot.org - 114 errors

And you're criticizing him for a lousy 34 errors? He's actually done
fantastic compared to the rest of the web -- especially compared to the most
visited sites on the web. Don't believe me? Try running some of your
favorite sites, and see which ones are "compliant". Other than the W3C
itself, and Mozilla.org, you're going to have problems finding any sites
that people have ever heard of that don't have errors -- and usually far
more than his measly 34 errors.

So that begs the question: Is a "standard" really a standard if nearly
everyone ignores it?

No. Of course it isn't. Their "standards" are essentially irrelevant in the
real world.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Care for your landscape with Black and Decker cordless tools
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html