Old 02-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Starting Seeds form Hybrid Plants????

I've purchased quite a few seeds this year and started all my
vegetables and annuals from scratch. Much of these varieties are
hybrid type, especially the plants for hanging baskets. My question is
what will result if I cultivate seed from these hybrid plants to use
for next years crop??? Sure would be nice if it will work since I
spent about $150.00 in seed this year...thanks

Old 02-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Starlord

The seeds will NOT grow into the same kind of plant they came from, instead
they'll revert to one or both of the plants that where used to make the
hybred.

oups.com...

Old 02-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Derryl

Hi

Your F1 F2 hybrids will be sterile and not produce viable seeds.

Derryl

Old 02-05-2005, 06:40 PM
clc

"Derryl" wrote in message
Hi

Your F1 F2 hybrids will be sterile and not produce viable seeds.

Derryl

I wonder if that's true with most, rather than all? For example, the F1
ornamental millet I planted two years ago came true from the collected seed
last year.....

Cheryl

Old 03-05-2005, 08:15 AM
presley

I think the claim of sterility for all F1's is in line with Monstanto's
claim that the bioengineered corn with insect repelling genes was sterile -
now found interbreeding all over the place.......and ladies, don't EVER
sleep with a man who claims he is sterile without using protection...LOL