Old 04-05-2005, 05:20 AM

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Sapsucker

Although his yellow belly is barely visible in this picture, the way he
goes about sucking sap is quite evident.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Old 04-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Wynter

Do they eventually kill the tree?

I dont know but that's a good question. Anyone?

I have all these pines and sap and no YBS
Old 05-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Cyli

On Wed, 04 May 2005 07:54:41 GMT, "Travis"

Although his yellow belly is barely visible in this picture, the
way he goes about sucking sap is quite evident.

Do they eventually kill the tree?

Only a guess, but I'd go for not killing the tree. Think of the
maples and birches that are tapped by humans for their sap every year
and survive quite well. I doubt that even a flock of the birds
working in concert could kill trees.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old 05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Smiles

I LOVED your web site ! Thank you !
Dakotabear1