Old 08-05-2005, 12:58 AM
The other Mike

Default Help with Cyprus trees

Had 5 12' Leyland Cyprus trees planted last year. They're spaced
about 10' apart from one another. They originally had an issue where
they were turning brown and it turned out to be shock. During the
late summer, early fall they started turning green and looked healthy.
Now, they're turning brown again...I originally thought it was some
kind of winter burn...but they're getting worse. One thing we did
notice was a small (about 1/2" long) green worm on one of the leaves
(can't find anymore). Could this be a problem? What are they and can
they cause our trees to start browning? Any other ideas? (Oh, we
live in NJ).
Old 21-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Mike
Had 5 12' Leyland Cyprus trees planted last year. They're spaced about 10' apart from one another. They originally had an issue where they were turning brown and it turned out to be shock. During the late summer, early fall they started turning green and looked healthy. Now, they're turning brown again...I originally thought it was some kind of winter burn...but they're getting worse. One thing we did notice was a small (about 1/2" long) green worm on one of the leaves
(can't find anymore). Could this be a problem? What are they and can they cause our trees to start browning? Any other ideas? (Oh, we live in NJ).

Hi Mike,

You might want to check with your local extension service as to what might be active in your area.
http://www.rcre.rutgers.edu/garden/

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.