GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lilac - syringa vulgaris aucubaefolis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/93826-lilac-syringa-vulgaris-aucubaefolis.html)

KD 10-05-2005 01:04 AM

lilac - syringa vulgaris aucubaefolis

Hello all,

I just bought a small plant of this variety at a plant sale put on by a
local plant society. Anything I should be aware of before I plant him? I'm
in zone 6a, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It's been pouring rain here for days,
so I haven't put him in the ground yet.

KD

Newt 21-05-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KD
Hello all,

I just bought a small plant of this variety at a plant sale put on by a local plant society. Anything I should be aware of before I plant him? I'm in zone 6a, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It's been pouring rain here for days, so I haven't put him in the ground yet.

KD

Hi KD,

I realize you asked this a while ago, but here's some helpful info on growing lilacs.
http://spi.8m.com/care.htm
http://www.gardenersnet.com/lilac/lilac02.htm

Newt

Ann 21-05-2005 11:45 AM

Newt expounded:

I realize you asked this a while ago, but here's some helpful info on
growing lilacs.
http://spi.8m.com/care.htm
http://tinyurl.com/al2a5

Newt, you're links are a treasure trove! :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Newt 21-05-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann
Newt expounded:

I realize you asked this a while ago, but here's some helpful info on growing lilacs.
http://spi.8m.com/care.htm
http://tinyurl.com/al2a5

Newt, you're links are a treasure trove! :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked

Ann, thank you so much. It's good to know that they are helpful. Sometimes folks don't respond and I often wonder if they are helpful.

I'm going to doggie sit for my DD and SIL next week and don't know if I'll be able to use their computer, but I'm already planning on taking my bookmarks/favorites with me so I'll have them to refer to.

Newt