GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   variegated weigela-- how fast does it grow? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94082-variegated-weigela-how-fast-does-grow.html)

Darren Garrison 15-05-2005 12:52 AM

variegated weigela-- how fast does it grow?

I have a veriegated weigela that I bought a month or two back that is only about a foot or so tall.
I'm wondering-- how fast a grower is this plant? Is it something that will take multiple years to
get to a reasonable size, or is it a fast grower like butterfly bushes?

David Bockman 15-05-2005 01:02 AM

Darren Garrison wrote in
:

I have a veriegated weigela that I bought a month or two back that is
only about a foot or so tall. I'm wondering-- how fast a grower is
this plant? Is it something that will take multiple years to get to a
reasonable size, or is it a fast grower like butterfly bushes?

Respectably quick. Water as it settles in and you will have a 3 footer by
the end of the season.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums