Old 16-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Confederate Jasmine On a Tall Pine Tree

Folks,

I have another question. I started growing some Confederate Jasmine at
the base of a 45-foot tall long-needle pine about two years ago. Of
course the Jasmine loved the support the pine tree offered and has
taken off beyond belief. This year the Jasmine has scaled the halfway
point up the pine tree. And it looks and smells awesome! So now I'm
assuming... guessing... really hoping the Jasmine has reached its
growth limit. Right now all outward signs say the big pine is just as
healthy as ever. Okay, now here's my question: Does the Jasmine pose
any future threat to the pine tree?

Patrick

Old 21-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Folks,

I have another question. I started growing some Confederate Jasmine at the base of a 45-foot tall long-needle pine about two years ago. Of course the Jasmine loved the support the pine tree offered and has taken off beyond belief. This year the Jasmine has scaled the halfway point up the pine tree. And it looks and smells awesome! So now I'm assuming... guessing... really hoping the Jasmine has reached its growth limit. Right now all outward signs say the big pine is just as healthy as ever. Okay, now here's my question: Does the Jasmine pose any future threat to the pine tree?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

It will grow to 40'. I'm sure any arborist will say that it will pose a threat to the tree, but I don't know for sure.
http://www.floridata.com/ref/t/trac_jas.cfm

You might want to ask here where several arborists hang out to see if they know if there is damage done to the tree. I would post that site i gave you so they will know exactly which vine you are referring to. They are abrorists and not usually gardeners. Do let us know please.
http://www.treehelp.com/forum/forum/default.asp

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.