GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Killing Monkey grass. Please help! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94164-killing-monkey-grass-please-help.html)

Notal Kyder 16-05-2005 03:46 AM

Killing Monkey grass. Please help!

I have a huge area of monkey grass I want to get rid of. What is the
best way to kill it or remove it. Last year I dug up a sizeable area as
this was the only way to really get rid of it I was told. Guess what.
It's back. I need to remove it to re landscape and sod the back yard
and make it into a play area for my children with swingsets and grass
etc. but this stuff is tough. I have a huge monkey grass farm right now
and it's driving me nuts.

Please help,

Notal

Sunflower 16-05-2005 05:33 AM

"Notal Kyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a huge area of monkey grass I want to get rid of. What is the
best way to kill it or remove it. Last year I dug up a sizeable area as
this was the only way to really get rid of it I was told. Guess what.
It's back. I need to remove it to re landscape and sod the back yard
and make it into a play area for my children with swingsets and grass
etc. but this stuff is tough. I have a huge monkey grass farm right now
and it's driving me nuts.

Please help,

Notal

Dig it up and sell it on Ebay. Or offer it on GardenWeb for trades of
plants you might want. Put an ad in the paper for Free Monkey Grass, You
Dig. There's lots of ways to get rid of it, but the smart way is the Tom
Sawyer painting a fence way.