GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Walking On New Grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94216-walking-new-grass.html)

Antipodean Bucket Farmer 17-05-2005 04:52 AM

Walking On New Grass

Hi, Everybody,

I have a recently reseeded area of grass, which has
sprouted nicely. How soon can I walk on it, without
damage? Based on time or length?

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Doug Kanter 17-05-2005 03:15 PM

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message
Hi, Everybody,

I have a recently reseeded area of grass, which has
sprouted nicely. How soon can I walk on it, without
damage? Based on time or length?

Thanks...

Off the top of my head, I'd give it a month, and even then, I wouldn't use
it as a major pathway just yet. Also, if you fluffed up the soil by
cultivating before you planted, I'd pay attention to how well it's
compacted/settled before walking on it too much. Maybe get on your knees and
inspect by hand. If it's still pretty soft, walking on it will make
indentations which, depending on the appearance you desire, may really annoy
you.

Kay Lancaster 17-05-2005 04:42 PM

I have a recently reseeded area of grass, which has
sprouted nicely. How soon can I walk on it, without
damage? Based on time or length?

Depends, but I'd give it a couple of months from now. Stolons should be
well underway.