GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Valley Forge Elm looks great (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94295-valley-forge-elm-looks-great.html)

stonej 18-05-2005 07:04 PM

Valley Forge Elm looks great

My dad had a Valley Forge elm planted in front of his house
last fall and it is looking great. It replaces an elm lost
decades ago to the Dutch elm disease. The new tree is about
12 feet tall and has completely leafed out this spring.

David Bockman 19-05-2005 02:06 AM

"stonej" wrote in
ups.com:

My dad had a Valley Forge elm planted in front of his house
last fall and it is looking great. It replaces an elm lost
decades ago to the Dutch elm disease. The new tree is about
12 feet tall and has completely leafed out this spring.

Fantastic. I eagerly await the day when American Elms are a favorite
boulevard tree again. And, in 2007, a blight-resistant American Chestnut
will be ready as well.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

stonej 19-05-2005 01:29 PM

David Bockman wrote:
"stonej" wrote in
ups.com:

My dad had a Valley Forge elm planted in front of his house
last fall and it is looking great. It replaces an elm lost
decades ago to the Dutch elm disease. The new tree is about
12 feet tall and has completely leafed out this spring.

Fantastic. I eagerly await the day when American Elms are a favorite
boulevard tree again. And, in 2007, a blight-resistant American

Chestnut
will be ready as well.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

That is good news. I remember being down in the Smoky Mountains many
years ago and seeing the skeletons of all those dead Chestnut trees.
It was such a sad sight.