GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rabbits (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94323-rabbits.html)

Higglity 19-05-2005 04:03 AM

rabbits

Rabbits eat tulips.

But do they eat:
1. petunias
2. black-eyed susan?
3. Impatiants
4. Vinca
5. Daylillies?

Why can't grass be more satisfying to them?

I've been using dried blood and chicken wire. Any other cheap ideas? I
cannot use a gun (I live in a sub-divided neighborhood.) and what do
you do with a live rabbit in a Have-A-Heart trap?

Ol' Duffer 19-05-2005 02:04 PM

In article . com,
says...
Rabbits eat tulips.

But do they eat:
1. petunias

Rabbits *love* petunias. Don't know about the rest of your
list. Try daffodils?

2. black-eyed susan?
3. Impatiants
4. Vinca
5. Daylillies?

Why can't grass be more satisfying to them?

Not very tasty or nutritious.

and what do
you do with a live rabbit in a Have-A-Heart trap?

Not worth much live, but marinated and slow-cooked, not bad.

Anonny Moose 19-05-2005 02:43 PM

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
In article . com,
says...
Rabbits eat tulips.

Why can't grass be more satisfying to them?

Not very tasty or nutritious.

I saw just yesterday a rabbit eating what certainly looked like seeds from
the stems of overgrown grass.

Dana Schultz 21-05-2005 06:48 AM

try the rabbit in a roasting pan with apple cider a and a few cloves

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
ups.com...