Old 21-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Ray

Default Predatory rabbits? ? ?

Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any ideas how to
prevent this are welcome.

Old 21-05-2005, 07:15 AM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 05:01:11 GMT, "Ray"
wrote:

Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any ideas how to
prevent this are welcome.

Kill those little *******s! That way you can teach don't ****ers a
lesson they will never forget. Shove a carrot up their asshole and
bake $350, for 2 hours. Season to taste. No more flower problems once
his relatives find out.
Old 21-05-2005, 02:45 PM
enigma

"Ray" wrote in

Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any
ideas how to prevent this are welcome.

a .22 works very well & it's not a waste since rabbits are
pretty tasty (unlike squirrel). or import a fox if you or your
neighbors don't have chickens. coyotes also eat rabbits.
i wonder if i'll develop a rabbit problem after i take care
of my fox problem... (are fox any good to eat? or am i just
going to have a pelt? yes, s/he needs to die. my chickens are
more useful than a chicken eating fox)
lee

Old 21-05-2005, 02:46 PM
DK

"Ray" wrote in message
Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any ideas how to
prevent this are welcome.

Rabbit fencing

Old 21-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

I agree - rabbit fencing.
Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Old 21-05-2005, 08:51 PM
David Efflandt

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:45:30 +0000 (UTC), enigma wrote:
"Ray" wrote in

Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any
ideas how to prevent this are welcome.

a .22 works very well & it's not a waste since rabbits are
pretty tasty (unlike squirrel). or import a fox if you or your
neighbors don't have chickens. coyotes also eat rabbits.
i wonder if i'll develop a rabbit problem after i take care
of my fox problem... (are fox any good to eat? or am i just
going to have a pelt? yes, s/he needs to die. my chickens are
more useful than a chicken eating fox)

My brother, the florist, uses dried blood to keep rabbits away from his
flowers.

A quiet pellet gun in an upstairs window is less obtrusive for rabbits
than a .22 (as the police get a call for "man with a gun"). Just stick to
the colder months after first frost, because it is hard to skin them with
fleas and ticks jumping onto you for a fresh warm body.

What's wrong with squirrel? Just parboil them 15-20 minutes, discard the
broth, and cube them up for use in pasta or rice dishes like cooked
turkey. My boss enjoyed shooting them, but the only way I could get him
to eat them was squirrel chili.

It is probably not good to eat too much preditor meat. Native Americans
that ate coyotes ended up with excessive vitamin A, which can cause bone
problems. So stick to vegitarians and fish eaters.