GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Natural insect control in the lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94539-natural-insect-control-lawn.html)

titanandrews 22-05-2005 05:30 PM

Natural insect control in the lawn

Hi All,

What is the best way to control insects in the lawn naturally? I
have heard about releasing a lot of Praying Mantis will help. They eat
anything. What about birds? Do they help, and if so what species is
good? How can I attract them?

I'm not sure of all the different insects I have. I know there are tons
of mosquitos (because there is a pond nearby), biting flies, and ants.
There are lots of other insects that I don't know. I just know that
they are very annoying when I am mowing.

Any suggestion?

many thanks,