GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fairy rose - odd growth............ (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94653-fairy-rose-odd-growth.html)

Tony & Shellie Welch 24-05-2005 05:05 AM

Fairy rose - odd growth............

Hi!

I have a fairy rose growing oneach side of the steps tomy deck. Every year
I trim them back to about 3" in the spring. They have been there for about
3 years - doing great. THIS year however is another story. The one on the
left leafed out beautifully and is doing fine. The one on the right just
grew out these mutant blobs of green spikes - like a ragged broom.

Any idea what may have caused it? I cut all of the blobs off, but then the
subsequent growth came back mutant again....

Shellie
Zone 5b
Indy

Tony & Shellie Welch 24-05-2005 05:18 AM

Never mind - figured it out.............. Rosette Rose disease, RRD. Looks
like it's terminal.

It's outa here.

Shellie

ink.net...