GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Replanting a Tree? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/94798-replanting-tree.html)

matt 26-05-2005 05:11 PM

Replanting a Tree?

I have a few small trees in my yard ( I think they are lilac trees)
about 10 ft tall. One of them blew over in a storm. It did not snap
off from the trunk, but basically fell over roots and all. The ground
must have been too soggy from days of heavy rain. My question is, can
I just pull the tree back to its upright position and secure until the
ground dries up? What else would I have to do or can I "replant" it?

Travis 26-05-2005 06:02 PM

matt wrote:
I have a few small trees in my yard ( I think they are lilac trees)
about 10 ft tall. One of them blew over in a storm. It did not
snap off from the trunk, but basically fell over roots and all.
The ground must have been too soggy from days of heavy rain. My
question is, can I just pull the tree back to its upright position
and secure until the ground dries up? What else would I have to do
or can I "replant" it?

Yes you can straighten it right up.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5