GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paver Path (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95096-paver-path.html)

David 31-05-2005 07:32 PM

Paver Path

Hey all,

I am about to install a paver path at my house. However, the location where
I want to put the path has a sprinkler line running through it. Is it
possible to build the path over the sprinkler pipe? Or, should I have the
line moved (that is - put in the ground deeper)? Any other suggestions
would also be appreciated.

--
David

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Merle O'Broham 31-05-2005 07:51 PM

You have options. There shouldn't be any issue about the path being
over as long as the pipe is deep enough. Check your municiple code for
depth. If you have buried PVC pipe for the sprinkler already, it's a
DIY job to cut and glue some joints. Or (my fav option) get one of
those little mini-bridge decorations if you're worried about accessing
or upsetting the line in the future, and raise the path over it. .02

Vox Humana 01-06-2005 12:25 AM

"David" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all,

I am about to install a paver path at my house. However, the location

where
I want to put the path has a sprinkler line running through it. Is it
possible to build the path over the sprinkler pipe? Or, should I have the
line moved (that is - put in the ground deeper)? Any other suggestions
would also be appreciated.

I have a paver walkway. While I like pavers better than plain cement, if I
had to do it again, I would NOT put in pavers. They looked great at first,
but now they are sinking in spots. The cracks between the pavers apparently
are a great incubator for seeds. Along with every weed that comes along,
perennials like heuchera and lady's mantle sprout up there. In really shady
areas, moss grows in the joints. I like the look of moss, but it can be
slick when wet. I had the pathway installed by professionals and it wasn't
inexpensive. I which I had gone with stamped, decorative concrete instead.
http://www.decorative-concrete.net/photos_stamped.php
http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...mped_concrete/