Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Koi4Me

Default Unfortunate sequence of events :-(

Are you an Idiot???????????

you suppose to kill the Koi before you dump in the bleach

those rec.gardeners are going to say us ponder are dumb.
since I am the moderator, I must ask for you to resign.

Infact I insist.

Koi4Me.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Glenn S. wrote:
This weekend, we lost all the koi in our front pond due to a couple of badly
timed events.

On Friday, we lost water to the house (private well). We pulled the pump,
fixed the problem, and re-sunk the pump Saturday a.m. Since this was a
major disturbance to the well, we dumped a gallon of bleach into the well.

On Sunday, we ran the pump for a couple hours to clear out chlorine.

On Monday evening, we had a decent rainstorm that popped the circuits on the
GFI breaker to the pond. Unbeknownst to me, this caused a reverse siphon of
water from the upper pond (100 gallons), through the UV, to the lower pond
(220 gallons). The lower pond overflowed and when I noticed it, the upper
pond was about 2 inches shy of being full. As is normal for me, I grabbed
the house and filled the ponds.

This a.m. (Tuesday) when we left for work, all the fish (7 smallish koi)
were dead.

I guess I didn't get the chlorine out after all and after 48 hours it hadn't
dissipated on its own.

:-(