GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Eastern Massachusetts: w (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95161-eastern-massachusetts-w.html)

[email protected] 01-06-2005 05:43 PM

Eastern Massachusetts: w

JBFrom: "Jean B."

JBEgad! There are little worms, green and otherwise, making tatters of my tre
JBleaves--esp. those of the maples. Will the trees survive this onslaught? D
JBanything, preferably nontoxic, stop them? If something like dormant oil spr
JBwould work, I could at least spray my little Japanese maples. On Monday, I
JBwill call my arborist. Thanks.

I don't have any help for you and hope they don't migrate here
to Medford. Please keep us advised (except for a Norway maple
tearing up our front sidewalk we like to seen eaten or gone 8-(.

BTW Might you have a gandmother originally from PEI that married
a movie projectonists and settled here in Medford Hillside about
70 years ago?

Ciao, OldAck.
---
# SLMR 2.1a # We now the speed of light, but what's the speed of dark?
* Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)

Ann 01-06-2005 11:38 PM

expounded:

I don't have any help for you and hope they don't migrate here
to Medford. Please keep us advised (except for a Norway maple
tearing up our front sidewalk we like to seen eaten or gone 8-(.

They're in Medford, for sure. They're all over the state.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Jean B. 02-06-2005 12:22 AM

wrote:

I don't have any help for you and hope they don't migrate here
to Medford. Please keep us advised (except for a Norway maple
tearing up our front sidewalk we like to seen eaten or gone 8-(.

BTW Might you have a gandmother originally from PEI that married
a movie projectonists and settled here in Medford Hillside about
70 years ago?

Ciao, OldAck.
---
# SLMR 2.1a # We now the speed of light, but what's the speed of dark?
* Origin: BBS Networks @
www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)

No, why do you ask? I wonder how long these hideous things are in
a larval stage? :-(

--
Jean B.

Jean B. 02-06-2005 12:26 AM

Ann wrote:

expounded:

I don't have any help for you and hope they don't migrate here
to Medford. Please keep us advised (except for a Norway maple
tearing up our front sidewalk we like to seen eaten or gone 8-(.

They're in Medford, for sure. They're all over the state.

Especially in my yard! :-( I will have to use the oil and sticky
stuff this fall and hope that helps. Here I was just looking at
the trees when they leafed out and thinking we had perfect shade
cover. Now, all the trees look ratty. I haven't even had the
heart to look at our two apple trees after I read that article.
From the window, the look bad. I also haven't investigated the
oaks.

The only good thing I can say is that the most of my Japanese
maples don't look as bad as the other ones. I have to find some
screening to put over my little seedlings though.

--
Jean B.