Old 04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Darren Garrison

Default Dude, don't bogart the brug!

My local Fox station tonight had a story about what they claimed to be a growing trend of people
consuming brugmansia/Angel's Trumpet leaves as a drug. Talked to a nursery owner who decided not to
sell them because they were too dangerous and told that they were able to buy them elsewhere for
under $20.00 (as if that were so scandalous). Must be a slow news week for them. :-)

Personally, I think any adult stupid enough to buy and eat a brug diserves to die.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:51 PM

datura and brugmansia are actually two different genera, though they
look similar, and are often confused.

Toad

Old 04-06-2005, 06:53 PM

In the late summer it is common for a memo to go round the emergency
departments of hospitals concerning the symptoms of Datura poisoning.
Teens and those of similar intellect get into the jimson weed which is
a native wild Datura.
My understanding is it is not such a fun time.
I believe Wm Burroughs described it as a "hell ride"
YMMV