Old 04-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Mr.X

Default vertical 4x4" and 4x2" --- 12" to 24" long ---- raised bed edging --- source help

vertical 4x4" and 4x2" --- 12" to 24" long ---- raised bed edging
--- source help

I have a raised bed area that is framed and retained by 4x4" and
4x2" posts adjacent to one another. These vertical posts could be
12" to 24" long and sunk into the ground to form the raised bed.
The ends are beveled on all 4 sides at both ends. They are pressure
treated. . They've been in the ground for 20 years now and are
starting to rot away. Before they get much worse it would be easier
to replace them now. Since it's been a while since I took one out I'm
not sure if they are 12, 18, or 24" long or if there are different
lengths available. But I can't seem to find them at the local garden
center. I could make the rounds at Lowes or Home Depot to see if they
have them? Does anyone here recall seeing them recently at a home
center, do you know any special name or manufacturer of them, are
they available online? I can't seem to find them on line, perhaps
these are no longer sold anywhere? I have found similar in round
timbers, but it would be more effort to change it over. With more
effort I could cut them from 4x4's and 4x2 but I rather not. The 4x2
are used to curve a section, straight long beams would not work in my
situation.

any hints would be appreciated.