GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   FYI: Miracle-gro All Purpose NPK ratio change (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/95473-fyi-miracle-gro-all-purpose-npk-ratio-change.html)

Salty Thumb 07-06-2005 03:22 AM

FYI: Miracle-gro All Purpose NPK ratio change

Scotts is changing its Miracle-gro All Purpose formulation from 15-30-15 to
24-8-16 starting with the 5 lb and 15 lbs sizes (already in stores).

http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm/...e.waterSoluble

Any comments?

Warren 07-06-2005 04:14 AM

Salty Thumb wrote:
Scotts is changing its Miracle-gro All Purpose formulation from 15-30-15
24-8-16 starting with the 5 lb and 15 lbs sizes (already in stores).

http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm/...e.waterSoluble

Any comments?

I would imagine that a good share of people who use this product were using
it on annuals. No sense in promoting root growth in a plant that's only
going to last a single season. They might as well save some money by
reducing the P. (I'll bet they're raising the price, too.)

If you really want something that's got a 1-2-1 ratio, I'm sure there are
other options out there. Perhaps even options that won't leave behind the
salt residues that Miracle-Gro does.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html

Travis 07-06-2005 05:25 AM

Salty Thumb wrote:
Scotts is changing its Miracle-gro All Purpose formulation from
15-30-15 to 24-8-16 starting with the 5 lb and 15 lbs sizes
(already in stores).

http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm/...e.waterSoluble

Any comments?

The perfect 3-1-2 ratio for the lawns of America.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5