GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Steroidal Dandelions... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/96068-steroidal-dandelions.html)

Ann 12-07-2005 10:12 AM

"Suzy O" expounded:

OMG, someone remembers Firesign Theater? Were they hilarious or what!!!!

Waiting for the electrician or someone like him.......Which way's
Goshen?
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

[email protected] 12-07-2005 01:54 PM

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
What you describe is, I think, a fasciated dandelion. What the OP
describes does not sound like the same. "Giant dandelion" suggsts to me
something in the Hieracium/Crepis/Hypochoeris area; "tight cluster of
flower heads" a Sonchus (Sow Thistle), but I find the whole of Lactuceae
difficult to identify.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Oh how I hate Sonchus asper(spiny sowthistle) - dang things are
everywhere around me. Ground up with dry twigs they do make a nice
mulch :0)