Old 18-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Dee Randall

Default Similar blossoms to Dogwood Tree

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment and
asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I will describe
it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges instead
of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of blossoms. The top of
the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if it might be allergic to the
sun, for better explanation. The blossoms were whitish/green (basically
white and with ever so lightly tinted with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this is
true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

Old 18-06-2005, 06:40 PM
David Bockman

"Dee Randall" wrote in
:

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment
and asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I
will describe it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges
instead of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of
blossoms. The top of the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if
it might be allergic to the sun, for better explanation. The blossoms
were whitish/green (basically white and with ever so lightly tinted
with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this
is true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

Dee-- Look at Cornus kousa.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 18-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Dee Randall

"David Bockman" wrote in message
9.11...
"Dee Randall" wrote in
:

This past month I discovered two trees at a assisted-living apartment
and asked around and could not find the name of this one tree. I
will describe it.

The flowers were so similar to Dogwood, but they had pointed edges
instead of the rounded ones. The tree was absolutely full of
blossoms. The top of the trees had hardly any blossoms on them, as if
it might be allergic to the sun, for better explanation. The blossoms
were whitish/green (basically white and with ever so lightly tinted
with green).

Someone said that the tree blooms all summer, but I don't know if this
is true.
Thanks so much.
Dee

Dee-- Look at Cornus kousa.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Yes, indeed, it is either a Japanese Dogwood (or a Chinese Dogwood) as I saw
both pictures online. I saw these trees in CT.
Dee
Shenandoah Co., VA

Old 22-06-2005, 11:24 PM
TomKan